Chinese Cultural Awareness and Etiquette Training
If you or your company is looking for success in China, then let multi-award winning China Direct Sourcing assist you! Our signature Chinese cultural awareness and etiquette courses are guaranteed to help you maximize your potential to succeed in China.
- Our one of a kind Chinese cultural awareness and etiquette workshop is tailored to meet the demands of today’s progressive business executives. Whether you seek to establish trade links, go on a business trip, or relocate to China for work, this seminar will give you the edge you need to stay ahead of the curve.
- Each training course is 100% tailor-made for today’s business environment. The information is not something you can get with any off the shelf book at your neighborhood bookstore. The aim of the course is to help prepare you for your dealings with your Chinese counterparts. We will impart invaluable knowledge that will assist you to build strong personal relationships, promote clear lines of communication, and help you avoid cultural misunderstandings.
What do our Chinese Cultural Awareness and Etiquette Training courses cover?
Every course we provide is tailored to the participant(s) needs. Here’s a glimpse of some of the key topics we cover:
China and the West
- Modern history’s influence on cross-cultural (mis)perceptions
- Breaking cultural stereotypes
- Knowing how culture affects your business
- Theoretical and practical cross-cultural models and examples
- Steps to effective cross-cultural communication
Communicating with the Chinese
- Beliefs, culture, values, ethics, customs, and national character
- Building relationships
- Verbal and nonverbal communication
- Social etiquette and protocol
Doing Business in China
- Preparing to travel to China
- Business in China – features, traditions, and ethics
- Comparative analysis of Chinese and Western business practices
- Making appointments
- Using intermediaries
- Chinese business etiquette
- Business and entertainment
- Cross-cultural personnel management
Relocating to China
- Preparing for the move
- What to bring?
- Chinese history, culture and values
- Western perceptions of China
- Chinese attitudes towards foreigners
- The family: raising children, education, holidays
- Spouse coaching
- Public behavior and etiquette
- Food and drink in China
- Transportation, shopping, and entertainment
Our China Experts
This course will be facilitated by Lindy Chen, multi-awarded managing director of ChinaDirect Sourcing.
Lindy, as she is fondly called, was born in China. She has had experience working with expats in China for 10 years and has made Australia her new home. Her expertise and her insights into China with its various business practices are invaluable tools for those preparing to do business in or with China.
About the trainer:
Lindy Chen Lindy is very passionate about building bridges between China and the western world. She is a known expert in her field and has excellent COMMUNICATION SKILLS. She patiently and thoroughly answers all questions from her audiences and is much sought after for her riveting presentations.
Lindy has designed this special course to make it the gold standard when it comes to giving you the tools to learn the proper etiquette and become familiar with China’s culture. This, Lindy believes, can be your prime source of success in China!